David Pevsner (Ross Stein) is an actor and writer living in Los Angeles.  Originally from Skokie, IL and a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh, he worked in the NY theatre for many years, on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, and in the original casts of the off-Broadway hits When Pigs Fly and Party among others…until the snow drove him to LA where he appeared in the LA cast of When Pigs Fly.

His guest starring roles on TV, film and web include Law & Order LA, Desperate Housewives, Las Vegas, Role/Play, The LXD, Joshua Tree 1951, etc.  On stage, he most recenrly appeared as the Baker in Into The Woods with General Hospital‘s Anthony Geary, in the US premiere production of Joe DiPietro’s F*cking Men, in the international production of Terrence McNally’s Corpus Christi (soon to be the subject of the documentary Corpus Christi-Playing wtih Redemption), and as Billy Flynn in Chicago.

As a writer, he has contributed material to everything from original political satire for Primetime with Diane Sawyer to scripts for Playboy TV, and his witty, risque songes have been heard on the soundtrack of Adam and Steve, in the long-running international hot show Naked Boys Singing (Best Musical, LA Weekly), his critically acclaimed one-man musical To Bitter and Back (LA Weekly nomination, Outstanding Solo Performance), the sketch comedy The Todd and Molly Show, and his forthcoming revue The Fancy Boys Follies.  He is developing entertainment and reality-oriented TV shows with such partners as Maxine Lapiduss and Dirk Shafer.  He is planning on getting his first feature film Musical Comedy Whore made as a NY/LA production.

 

“Sex is 10% of marriage! Why end it if you got the other 90%?”

Ross is Jewish, in a long-term gay (and mostly platonic) marriage. He’s Nathan’s client, a handsome Yale graduate who began as a serious theatre professional but found himself a TV star in the 1990s, playing the lead in the TV series Max & Me. He works less now in his 50s. He has too much time on his hands. He’s pragmatic, serious, a bit of a preppy, a bit self-deprecating, and has a good sense of humor. He hates gay bars. He’s not closeted, but he’s not marching in any parades soon. His successful husband, a producer, subsidizes him as needed. While he loves his husband, his frequent absences and their growing lack of passion frequently leads Ross to neurotic self-doubt (and the occasional hook up).

 

facebook-64x64
twitter-64x64